Getting On Top of Skin Infections: Utilizing Topicals for Management of Common Skin Infections
Presented by: Dr. Rebecca Mount, DVM, DACVD
R.A.C.E – Approved #20-797127 1.0 CE Lecture
In this program the participant will be exposed to the normal skin and its function as a barrier, factors that predispose the patient to bacterial pyoderma, topical therapy institution for the management of bacterial pyoderma, and five case presentations where we discuss topical case management.
- I. Normal Cutaneous Defense
- II. What is a pyoderma?
- III. Introduction to topicals:
- IV. What are the benefits of topical therapies?
- V. What are the drawbacks of topical therapy?
- VI. Recommendations for topical usage
- VII. Case series – Discussion of 5 cases
- VIII. Conclusions
- Recognize normal vs abnormal skin
- Describe predisposing factors to developing bacterial pyoderma
- Topical therapy for bacterial pyoderma
- Topical Therapy recommendations
- Able to implement a diagnostic and treatment protocol for 5 cases presented
“This program has been approved for 1.0 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval.“