Building A Pain Management Pyramid for Pets
Presented By: Robin A. Downing, DVM, MS, DACVSMR, DAAPM, CVPP, CCRP-CV
R.A.C.E – Approved #20-765581 1.0 CE Lecture
Pain in pets is critically important, but it is complex and scientifically intriguing. Both acute and chronic pain in pets can be clinically challenging and easy to overlook because of the ability of dogs and cats to mask and hide their pain from us. Pain management is essential medicine, and better pain management is better medicine. This webinar focuses on building an effective, multimodal pain plan for pets.
- Multimodal perspective surrounding the management of pain.
- Diagnosis of pain in pets
- What is involved in creating a multimodal pain plan for pets
- Pharmaceuticals involved in the treatment of pain in pets
- Complementary nutraceuticals involved in the treatment of pain in pets
After viewing this webinar, the participant will:
1. Understand the importance of managing pain from a multimodal perspective
2. Understand how various pharmaceuticals complement one another in the treatment of pet pain
3. Understand how clinically proven nutraceuticals complement pharmaceuticals in managing pet pain
4. Be able to create a multimodal pain plan for pet patients
“This program has been approved for 1.0 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval.“